October 25, 2018
What is LabTech?
LabTech is a free, annual event created by and for Lab staff (and friends from UCB, SLAC, Stanford, etc.) that focuses on computing and technology for science and operations. Modeled after UC San Diego's popular Sharecase event, LabTech features technical tutorials, discussion sessions, networking opportunities, demonstrations, and more.
LabTech is a multi-track conference aimed at scientists, technologists, and support staff. Whether you're interested in the latest tools for data management for scientists or the newest features in Berkeley Lab's business systems, LabTech will have something for everyone on campus.
This is our seventh LabTech event, and each year we continue to refine and grow our flagship outreach and community event for computing at the Laboratory.
What's Happening This Year?
We are planning dozens of sessions, a lunch+keynote, and a variety of mixer events. Just like last year, our LabTech Promenade Tent will include exhibitors, Berkeley Lab IT staff, demos, giveaways, snacks, vendors, and more.
Our schedule is not finalized yet, but you can expect tutorials and seminars on the following topics:
- Science-IT, LBLnet, and more
- High Performance Computing
- General IT and IT Trends
- View the event agenda and plan your schedule
- Meet at the event by browsing attendee profiles in advance
- Send in-app messages and exchange contact info
- Find attendees with common affiliations, education, shared networks and social profiles
- Receive update notifications from organizers
- Access the agenda, GPS guidance, maps, and parking directions
Our Exhibitors are excited to share their products and services with you at the Demo Tent area in the H2 Lot during the event. They will have demo giveaways as well.